Saturday 9 January 2021

My Plea to the Media

I try not to get political in this blog, but right now I would like to request just one thing: all news anchors please raise your right hand and solemnly swear that after January 20 we will TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE! 

Stephen Fry said Pres. Trump is like a Dr. Seuss character who grows bigger the more you talk about him. Can we just not talk about him when this is all done? I don't need to know where he goes or what he has for breakfast or what he thinks or says. Let's move on to focus on better things. Surely somewhere in the world there are other newsworthy things to report on.

And I'm removing the word "trump" from my vocabulary and replacing it with "take precedence over." It's more awkward, but it's just my little way of helping the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment