Saturday 28 May 2016

Tracey's Memorial

Today was a lovely memorial for my friend Tracey, who died six months ago. Seems weird to think it has been six months already. It was a lovely, sunny day, lots of people attended, the sentiments expressed were perfect, she was given a posthumous leadership award from the industry in which she worked, and the garden Jon has planted in her memory is going to be beautiful with wild flowers. But it just felt so sad to be at her home without her there. I kept expecting her to come out the back door, smiling and welcoming everyone...and then I'd remember. Which I guess is what one is supposed to do at a memorial, but still.

When it's my turn to go, I want a quick graveside service with just a handful of people. Pop me into the wall, have a dedicatory prayer over the grave, someone can play a piobaireachd on the pipes, and then I want everyone to go out for Fish and Chips. Short and simple. Have a deep-fried Mars Bar for me.

Miss you, Tracey. You were my friend, my sister, and an inspiration to me, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment