Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Gardening Season has Begun!

And we're off! I spent six hours yesterday weeding, forming squash hills, and generally getting ready for planting in a week or two. Ordinarily we aim for the Victoria Day weekend, which is in a few days, but it is still quite chilly at night. Hardening off my seedlings but rather half-heartedly, because I think we'll have to wait another week, to be safe.  Here's what it all looks like right now:


Trying an experiment, planting squash in ridges or really long mounds instead of individual hills, to save some space. Looks a little like I've hidden a body...

And it's always fun to add a touch of whimsy...since I can't have live chickens in my area.

 The pea support my husband built.

Cabbage

A good asparagus crop this year.

And lastly, the lavender I started from seed is doing really well.

Welcome to my world!




1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I planted tomato and pepper plants today along with carrot, beet and radish seeds. I want to see your tomato plants 😊

    ReplyDelete