Wednesday 25 June 2014

"Today While the Blossom Still Clings to the Vine..."

Today at work I complimented someone on her sandals. She replied, "I have to wear them now, because it's only 2 1/2 months until winter." And every fiber of my inner being wailed, "Nooooooo! Don't say things like that!" I can't possibly survive another winter like the last one.

I won't let it get me down. I refuse to let winter hold my summer hostage. There is such a thing as looking too far ahead. Time enough to deal with dark and cold and wind and snow. Right now, I will suck up every little bit of sunshine, warmth, and joy that I can. I will dig my fingers into the crumbly garden soil, relish the sight of Brio bounding toward me across the grass, and soak in the singing of birds before dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment