Monday 23 June 2014

Quick Dessert and Sorta Healthy

I came across a new quick snack that's theoretically full of protein. Mix 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 c. carob or chocolate chips (I prefer carob, believe it or not), 1/2 c. smooth peanut butter, 1/2 c. ground golden flax, 1/3 c. corn syrup, and 1 t. vanilla. Form into walnut-sized balls and roll in coconut, set on a sheet of waxed paper. These are sweet and maybe there's a way to cut down on the corn syrup and still have them stick together. Other than that I think they're fairly healthy. And they're yummy, which is the key thing.

I watch some of the people at work (I call them the Yoga Set), hunched miserably over their drab lettuce in the lunchroom, and I am convinced that there is more to life than trying to prolong it. They might be slim and fit, but they don't look enthusiastic. I am fat and happy with my container of leftover pasta and my homemade lavender cookies. I'm also convinced that being happy will extend your life more than jogging will.

It's food for thought.

2 comments: