Sunday 13 December 2020

Following along with Gurdeep Pandher

Every day I go on Facebook and look for Gurdeep Pandher's posts. He is a Sikh fellow who lives in a small cabin in the Yukon, and he spreads joy and celebrates life (and keeps warm) dancing out in the snow in subzero temperatures. Sometimes I try a few steps myself, though I can't get too vigorous with my trick knee. But the joy he spreads is contagious, and somehow he distills life down to its essentials. I come away from watching with a feeling of peace and well-being. Really, life is that simple -- finding happiness in small things.

It also brings home to me how important it is that we be joyful and lift each other up during this pandemic. Happiness is contagious, but depression is too, and we pick up others' moods without realizing it. Our impact on others is more pronounced now than ever, and our mode of being can heal or hurt. I am vowing to be more conscious of that going forward. Every January I choose a "theme" for the year and try to focus on it in my life. I think 2021's theme will be "Spread light."

No comments:

Post a Comment