Tuesday 20 October 2020

Basement Blues

 The company renovating our basement had a few set-backs, including the painter catching Covid. So a different painter is coming tomorrow.

Son #3 picked the paint colours, as he uses the basement for his bedroom. He has a good idea for colour and composition, and picked some textured grey carpet with two shades of gray-blue for the walls (mostly a lighter colour, with accent walls the darker shade). I think it will look very nice when it's done---hopefully by next week.

I have discovered in my middle age that I am no good at colours. I can't really tell them apart or tell if one tone matches another. When the cement people poured our front step, they sloshed cement on the green stucco of the house, so my husband and I went to pick some green paint to cover over it. He could tell instantly which colour matched best. I stood there with a fan of gradated swatches and honestly couldn't tell what worked and what didn't.  I'll just have to trust his judgment.


No comments:

Post a Comment