- You only see what people allow you to see. You really don't know what is going on behind the front that people show you.
- You can't assume all is well with everyone. The happiest faces can hide the most aching hearts. We should treat everyone gently, as if they are going through challenges---because the odds are high that they are. None of us can hang up a sign that says "Nothing the matter here."
- Nothing in life is so important that it should keep us from tuning in to the people around us.
- A little compassion can go a long way.
- We are all interconnected, and even if you feel no one will be affected by your actions, you have a greater impact on the people around you than you know.
There is nothing I can do about it now, but I can certainly try to be more aware, more present, more tuned in, and more compassionate in future. And maybe just a little more understanding of myself as well.