Wednesday 29 May 2024

The Garden is In...and Drowning

This week I finished planting the last of the seeds and seedlings. I've taken a new approach, using dry cooking beans (plants) as a sort of mulch. I'm leaving some of the lesser weeds to cover bare spots of soil. I've diversified, planting several different varieties of things, and I've interspersed them instead of "mono-cropping" each raised bed. I've also added a lot more flowers than I usually do. We'll see what happens, and I'll add photos as the season advances.

Yesterday we got torrential rain, and I was worried everything would be flattened. It's still drizzling this morning, but I'll tiptoe out when the sun is up and survey the damage. Hopefully everything survived. Won't have to water for a while, at any rate!


No comments:

Post a Comment