Saturday 12 September 2020

Gravel

So earlier this summer I bought 3 yards of gravel and about 3 yards of small stone to refresh my Japanese gravel garden in the front yard. Last week I got three more yards of gravel to put in a path in my vegetable garden. I mowed the weedy area really short, put down landscape fabric, put down the gravel, and then re-laid the pavers, and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. It will certainly cut down on the weeds and mud. I also put it in the corner around the two compost bins to tidy that area. There was some gravel left over, so I'm also putting some down between the raised beds (usually I use straw, but it has to be replaced every year).

Little by little, I'm trying to get the yard under control so there is less maintenance. I see other people sitting on their front porches in the summer, listening to the ball game on the radio or reading or just chilling out, and I wonder how they have the time. It seems there's always mowing or weeding or pruning to do. If I can reduce the labour in the yard, I'll have more time to work on my stained glass. Oh, or my writing...I keep forgetting there are deadlines for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment