Sunday 6 September 2020

Fun with Architecture

There's a street near my house where I walk quite often with Brio. It is quiet and tree-lined, but what makes it really fascinating to walk along is the wide variety of architectural styles, all standing side by side. Today I took the camera along with me and tried to capture some of the flavour of the street.

There's this traditional home:

just down from:


A few houses down we're in the 1970s



and across the street is this more modern twist on the theme:



Then down the street is my favourite house (with a courtyard and funky garage):




which is directly across from this:


Down the street is a more muted late 70's-early 80s area:


But around the corner from that, someone has taken one of these latter styles and given it a modern flavour with stucco, which is actually an ancient material.


Fascinating what you can find within a five-minute walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment