Sunday 22 March 2020

A gentle descent into squalor

Most of the males in my family have stopped shaving.

The only reason I get dressed is because I have to Skype with my workplace from time to time.

My dog has become accustomed to having me at his beck and call 24/7.

My neighbours have all suddenly started taking family walks together. Kids I've never seen outdoors before are now playing basketball in their driveways. The nine-year-old around the corner has been out on the sidewalk tossing a ball in the air and catching it, over and over, by himself, for days.

I have gone through a pound of butter already.

I have a constant craving for pasta and brownies.

I'm starting to think I may have to dig out my Kindle, because I'm running out of things to read. I can't get the online free books to download fast enough.

At some point I will need to give myself a haircut with the kitchen scissors.

I'm enjoying some online guided meditations.

I wish I had laid in a supply of paint, so I could be freshening up my house. Deep-cleaned the kitchen yesterday. I think I'll pick one room a day to go through.

I'm growing wheat grass and greens under the grow lights, and my lemon tree has five baby lemons on it.

I love being home when the sun is just rising (usually I'm at work). I can hear robins and cardinals waking up, and there is the faintest hope of spring.

I'm starting to feel like I could write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment