Tuesday 16 October 2018

Legalizing Cannabis

Recreational marijuana becomes legal in Canada tomorrow. I am anxious and depressed, fearful for my family, and am already dreading encountering that skunk smell at every turn. It's bad enough having to deal with inconsiderate smokers at the bus stop or on the street. They seem to have no clue how their actions impact others. Now this to deal with. I have arranged to work at home for the next two days just to let the "dust settle" and not have to deal with it, because I know the pendulum is going to swing crazily the first little while until people realize it's not a great thing and find some sort of equilibrium. Yeah, I know all the arguments against prohibition and everything, and I know the government is hoping this will be a wonderful cash cow. But all I can see is the health risk, the vulnerability, the safety concerns, the shirking of responsibility, the idiocy. The loss of the potential of our youth.


Meanwhile, I'm seriously going to start looking for real estate far far into the northern bush, where I can live in a bubble away from humans. It's time.

1 comment:

  1. Rats! Many of those concerns have been proven in the states which haves legalized recreational marijuana use. Eric went to a plant in Oregon and a manager expressed his difficulties in maintaining enough workers because they won't hire anyone who tests positive--it's just not safe in a manufacturing environment. AND when I traveled to Oregon in June, I definitely encountered the smoke :(

    ReplyDelete