Wednesday 4 July 2018

Susanna Kearsley and Bagpipes -- It doesn't get better than that!

On Saturday I'm going to the Kincardine Highland Games, and if you've never gone you should go if for no other reason than to check out this cute little town. It's on the shores of Lake Huron, a vast, beautiful body of water that can easily substitute for an ocean in a pinch. I love spending the day listening to top-class pipe bands, watching the heavy-event athletes (these people are seriously strong. Their biceps are bigger than my thighs), and eating fish and chips. I'm hoping it will be cooler by the lake, too, because this heat wave is unrelenting.

Partway through the morning, however, I'm sneaking out for a couple of hours to run to Port Elgin Library to attend a book reading/signing with Susanna Kearsley. She is one of my favourite authors, and she has a new book out (yay!) and I might get a chance to talk to her (yay again!). I loved all of her books, but The Rose Garden and The Shadowy Horses are probably my favourites. I don't get tired of re-reading them frequently.

All in all, it will be a great weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there! Sounds like a great day! I've read The Rose Garden twice and really enjoyed The Firebird. I really need to read the books I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete