Tuesday 22 May 2018

Goats

My husband and I got to do a good deed the other day. We were zooming down the highway when I happened to glance over and saw 25-30 goats on the side of the road. They'd gotten out of their fence and were cheerfully grazing right by the busy highway. My husband did a U-turn (yes. On the highway) and left me on the side of the road to wave my arms around and keep the goats off the road while he went in search of the farmhouse. He was back a few moments later with the very grateful farmer. All the farmer had to do was whistle once, and the goats immediately marched back through the hole in the fence and into safer pastures.


Felt nice to do someone a good turn, and enjoyable to stand in the sunshine watching these lovely, interesting animals. I think if I were a farmer, goats would be high on my list of animals to care for.



No comments:

Post a Comment