Wednesday 2 July 2014

Judging Books by Their Covers

So now that I've got myself thinking about book covers, I think one of my favourites is Susanna Kearsley's The Shadowy Horses.


I always prefer scenery to people on book covers. So, my dear readers, what covers are your favourites? And be honest - do you choose books by their covers?

More and more lately I find I choose my books by the size of the print and the weight of the volume. Will it fit in my backpack? Will it aggravate my tendonitis to hold it? Will I blind myself trying to read it in dim light on the bus at 5:30 in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. I also prefer scenery to people on book covers. The publisher's idea of the characters may not fit with my mind's picture. The cover does influence me and I am also drawn by the heft of the book, the print, etc. More often, I am attracted by the subject or genre and the author. I also tend to follow authors I have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete