Friday 12 April 2024

Something I've never thought of before

I was watching a Youtube video by Neil McCoy-Ward this morning, and he said something in a way that hadn't occurred to me before. He said when you spend money, it works its way up to the "1%" (the wealthy elite). And duh, how come it hasn't been that clear to me before? It's true. The only way to avoid that is to solely buy/trade directly with the producers and creators, the ones with their boots on the ground. They in turn would have to find ways to get the resources they need in the same way, horizontally instead of vertically. If we all did that, conducting commerce at the grassroots level, then the top 1% would certainly feel it eventually. They need us, the everyday average person, to stay in their current state. They only exist at that level because we enable it. 

I'll have to think more about this and how to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment