Saturday 14 May 2022

Workout for the Knees

Today has been a productive, satisfying sort of day. I made 7 dozen cookies (some peanut butter, some chocolate chip), froze some, took some to a neighbour, and will give some to the grandkids tomorrow. I worked in the garden for a while, putting up strings and netting for future green beans. I cooked a chicken. I walked the dog and played ball with him at the park for a while until the heat drove us home. I did a little grocery shopping and vacuum-sealed some lentils and such for storage. I mowed the lawn, showered, and did three batches of laundry. I watched the news and listened to some Avi Kaplan.

Now I'm sitting and reading a lovely little book called Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times by Katherine May (the irony isn't lost on me) and sneaking some chocolate chip cookies, while watching the wild ducks that have returned to our swimming pool, as they do every spring.

I love this kind of day. Though when I tried to get up just now to get my husband's supper ready, I found my arthritic knees aren't cooperating. Might have been a bit too rough on them today!

Husband just returned from playing for a wedding and asked if I wanted to go to Home Depot to look at flooring for the church. Um...Maybe a rain cheque? I'm in my nightgown already, and the knees definitely wouldn't be happy with the hard floors of Home Depot.

Besides, I'm in the middle of a chapter...


No comments:

Post a Comment