Friday 26 April 2013

New Baby

Our former foster son and his wife have adopted a newborn little girl and are naming her Aspen Nicole. I have claimed her as my granddaughter, of course, and now have two grandchildren named after trees. If I were better at knitting, I would pour so much love and tenderness into the wool that she'd feel it encompass her when she wore it...but I'm lousy at knitting. And I'm too far away to see her, touch her, hold her. So I'll just declare my feelings to the general populace on this blog and send happy thoughts over the miles to the proud new parents. Our foster son is a sweet, special guy and I am so happy he has this opportunity to enjoy fatherhood and pass his gentleness down to this child.

1 comment:

  1. first of all your knitting is getting better .... and as it happens, you do know some people that knit pretty well, and would LOVE an excuse to knit some baby things :~D

    ReplyDelete