Maybe when the temperature cools and autumn draws closer, my pep will return. For now, I'm not going to push myself. There are some things more important than productivity.
The Simple Life, Back to Basics, Urban Homesteading, Gardening, Dogs, and other Random Musings when I really should be doing something else...
Thursday, 6 August 2026
The Hazy Lazy Days of Summer
My "get up and go" appears to have gotten up and left. I have a ton of things to do -- projects in the yard, weeding, painting, building, organizing -- but it's 37 celsius out, and suddenly it seems most pressing to lie on the couch or lounge by the pool and read novels. Two of the grandkids are here for the summer, and all I want to do is play board games and kick the soccer ball around and take walks to Baskin Robbins. I have zero interest in cooking or cleaning. I'm buying store-bought cookies instead of baking them as per usual. I've even gone to Nations to eat at their salad bar rather than assembling a salad myself. Anyone who knows me knows that's really weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment