Friday, 28 August 2026

214,000 views of my blog in one month

Obviously, these views are coming from bots, not humans. I have three official followers, and I haven't had anyone leave a comment in ages. A total of 232 comments have been left by humans over the past 15 years I've kept this blog. So... I'm not convinced anyone's actually reading my posts.

I can see how having the blog as a "pressure valve" to release my creative energy may have contributed to my lack of enthusiasm for writing books in recent years. I may pause this blog, or discontinue it completely, to focus on my books for a while. I've entered a new phase lately, moving away from traditional publishing and exploring self-publishing. I know the manuscripts could use the wise, guiding hand of an editor, but at this point, I just want to rescue things that have been languishing in my filing cabinet and put them out there. Not for fame or fortune (traditional publishing hasn't brought me that!) but just for the simple pleasure of telling stories. I want to return to that joy and not worry so much about writing for a specific editor/market.

So...I'm taking a vacation from the blog for a while. I may come back to it. I may not. We shall see. Either way, it's been a pleasure writing it for the past 15 years. It's helped me capture my thoughts and preserve important memories. It's been a repository of photos. But maybe its purpose has come to an end.

I'd welcome any human input!

No comments:

Post a Comment