Thursday 14 September 2023

What do you know! It works!

I often hear or read about various herbal cures and wonder if they are valid. Well, I've tested plantain (the weed) three times now, and I'm pleased to report success each time. It's an astringent and helps with the healing of wounds and bug bites.

My grand-daughter had an itch on her hand she couldn't stop scratching. I chewed up a plantain leaf and put it on the spot, and she reported it stopped itching. Then my neighbour got stung by a hornet on the back of her knee. I crushed up some plantain leaves to put on it, and it stopped hurting quickly, to the point where she walked off and forgot the leaves and let them fall off. Then yesterday, I was stung by a small black wasp while I was in the garden. Once again, I chewed up a plantain leaf and slapped it on the spot. It stopped stinging instantly and you can hardly see the welt at all.

I'm sold. I'm going to stop pulling plantain out of the garden. I found a recipe for using dehydrated plantain in an olive-oil and beeswax salve, too, which I may try.



No comments:

Post a Comment