Tuesday 4 April 2023

It has to be said...

I usually try not to get into political discussions on this blog. But I'm watching the news, and my jaw is hitting the floor. The nukes are lining up in Eastern Europe, climate change is now climate chaos, bird flu is wiping out the poultry industry, banks are collapsing, people can't afford groceries, trains are derailing, North Korea and China are flexing muscles, Israel is in turmoil, Paris is erupting, thousands of jobs are being lost, famine is looming, children are being shot up in their school rooms, thousands of migrants and refugees are on the move, and politicians in the U.S. are ... passing laws about what third-person pronouns we're allowed to use. Really? So much to choose from, and this is what they focus on?

I feel like I'm stuck in some absurdist theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment