Friday 30 September 2022

Whee!

Apparently when my husband is out of town, I turn into a fourteen-year-old. Staying up late watching chick flicks, eating an entire loaf of zucchini bread and cream cheese by myself, snacking for supper... To redeem myself, I did do two batches of laundry and beheaded the catalpa trees in the front yard. But it's not much accomplishment for a week on my own...

I went to physio this week, and when I mentioned my husband was away, the therapist crowed that her husband was away too, and it was chick flicks and eating whatever she wanted while he was away, and then she high-fived me. Snicker.

He comes home tonight, though, so it's time to smarten up and try to appear a bit less indolent. He'll be tired after a week of intense renovations up at the church, so I want him to be able to walk into a home where nothing needs to be done. I might even cook dinner...

Tomorrow and Sunday I have General Conference, a ten-hour church conference broadcast from Salt Lake City, spread over two glorious days. My favourite time of year! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment