Saturday 26 March 2022

Hydroponics gone crazy

My husband has tinkered with hydroponics systems off and on, always indoors. This year he is proposing to rig up a system the length of the garden fence, a series of PVC pipes running back and forth across approximately 40 feet. So maybe 160 feet in total. That would grow a huge amount of food, and I'd have enough to sell or share or donate to the food bank. Because there's only so many greens one can eat. I'm not sure what else I can grow hydroponically in a PVC tube, but I'll research it. The idea of being able to garden standing up (and not having to worry about weeding) appeals to me. It would almost double my space. It would also keep the rabbits out of the greens. 

Mama rabbit is once again setting up shop under the hedge and keeps returning to work on her nest no matter how many times I or the dog shoo her away. She will sit on the other side of the chainlink fence and sneer at us, knowing we can't get at her, and then returns to our yard as soon as we go back inside. I spent yesterday peeking around the corner of the house while she peeked back at me, each judging the timing. Of course, she will win in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment