Saturday 20 March 2021

Country Rambles

Less than a month ago, I was posting pictures of the three-foot snow in my yard. This week I'm wandering along dry dirt lanes through the countryside, carrying my coat over my arm because it's so warm. Isn't spring wonderful? (Well, I mean, we got freezing rain two days ago, but the robins are out, so I'm counting it!) The sky is a deep cloudless blue, the sun so welcoming, the shorn fields full of anticipation.

I put Brio on a long lead so he could snuffle and play and chase mice through the dusty grass beside the lane while I stayed on higher ground. In another month, rain and mud will make the lane impassable, and midges will make it impossible, so I'll enjoy my walks now. My husband kindly bought me a beekeeper's hat with veil so that I can face the mosquitos and no-see-ums that will thicken the air as the weather warms. I will look ridiculous, but I don't care, so long as I can get out into this lovely fresh air.



No comments:

Post a Comment