Wednesday 31 March 2021

A Soggy Sunday and a Disappointment

Last Sunday we were going to have the kids and grandkids come for a carefully-physically-distanced gathering in the back yard for cake and ice cream. I had it planned out to be safe, and the local Covid restrictions allow up to ten people outdoors (and we are nine). But it was raining and cold, so we postponed to this Sunday, which is Easter.

But the Covid variants are on the rise, and the government yesterday told us not to gather over the holiday. So we have cancelled the gathering. And I'm heartbroken. I haven't seen my kids and grandkids in so long! I miss their banter, their laughter, the way my boys joke together. My grandson has learned to read and I've missed it. My grand-daughter is almost a pre-teen and so tall and beautiful, and I've missed it. Bleh. I may as well go back up to the church and hide out there. I can't wait for the chance to hug them all again. It might be easier to bear the passing time if I'm not in such close proximity.

2 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry! Eric & I got our first vaccine today. By the end of April, most of my kids will be fully vaccinated (not sure about Brandon and Saren is probably wary of possible reactions to the chemicals so not sure she’ll get it at all)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An example of the crazy world we live in: I sat in a fitting room at Target (where you can not try on clothes) and got a dose of vaccine. My 2019 self wouldn’t believe it

    ReplyDelete