Tuesday 28 June 2022

I Survived!

First day back in the office in two years. Went shopping for clothes yesterday, because I'm pretty threadbare by now. Got my hair cut so I look somewhat domesticated. Couldn't sleep last night. Kept checking the clock, waiting for the alarm to go off, and finally gave up and got up at 3:00. Had to make an effort to remember which bus to take, only to find that the terminal at the other end had been relocated. Bit of a hike to get to the subway, but I followed the herd and found my way. It was so weird but kind of exciting to be back in the office. Couldn't remember the passcode for the photocopier or how to use it, but I doubt I'll need it anyway, after two and a half years of being paperless. My office still had my name on it. Found my spare reading glasses in the desk. That's where they went!

I wore my mask and washed my hands a lot, and I hope it was enough. I haven't been around so many people in a very long time. But it was fun to see familiar faces, especially those coworkers with whom I haven't had videoconferences. Hey, it's you! Good to see you're still alive! I am too.

No comments:

Post a Comment