Sunday 17 April 2022

Kindness

My lovely neighbours Mary and Paul decided that it was too sad to be alone with a can of Spam on Easter, so they delivered a gift bag yesterday with lemon-buttermilk cupcakes, cookies, and a nice book. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? A lovely gesture that brightened my whole week. A reminder that stockpiling and preparing and being independent are important, but having ties to community is even more so.

It's Easter Sunday. There's a dusting of snow on the ground, the furnace is running nicely, the dog is snoring beside me, church is on Zoom, and I have lemon-buttermilk cupcakes I fully intend to eat for breakfast (along with the homemade yogurt that, I am pleased to announce, appears to have worked). Days don't get much better than this. 

"There is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened..." (Mosiah 16:8-9).

No comments:

Post a Comment