Tuesday 6 April 2021

A day outdoors

Yesterday was sunny and warm, more like summer than spring, so I spent much of the day outdoors, weeding, raking, tidying, walking the dog, or just sitting on the back patio with a book (and a bowl of ice cream, but we won't mention that). There is nothing more lovely than sunshine on your arms and face, birds singing, and a new Laurie King book to devour. 

The rabbits have nibbled down some of my tulips before they've had a chance to bud, but hopefully there will be some left to flower. Brio makes a great show of huffing and puffing around the yard, but the rabbits generally ignore him. I should spread blood meal around the bed to deter them, but that means a curbside pick-up at the greenhouse, and I don't have a car today. I am going back up to the church this weekend to meet the window installers, so if things bloom while I'm away, I'll leave instructions for my husband to send me pictures. I must be back for May, when the asparagus should be coming on and the seedlings will need planting.

It's funny how you can be so down one day and so up the next, all because of a little sunshine and some physical activity. I couldn't have survived this pandemic without my yard to escape to.

No comments:

Post a Comment