Friday 5 February 2021

The long view

A photo by Dave Nicholson, I believe of Lake Huron if I'm not mistaken. This lake is twenty minutes from where I am now, at the church. There is something about being able to view great expanses, letting my gaze stretch further and further, unbroken, that nourishes my soul. It doesn't have to be a lake; a long, green field gives me the same satisfaction. Maybe it comes from growing up in a valley, where mountains (beautiful and majestic though they may be) always shortened one's view, or from living so long in a suburb, with buildings always blocking me on every side, but being able to take the long view is wonderfully healing and refreshing to me. My favourite thing about staying at the church is being able to walk one minute down the road and see vast expanses of farm fields.




No comments:

Post a Comment